5/24/09

Son's Heart Broken

So... what do you do when your 18 year old son, who has had the same girlfriend for three years gets dumped? That was my question tonight. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, but what I really wanted to do was rip her hair out.

She gave no reason other than she didn't think now was a good time for them to be together... hello? After three years? My guess is that she's got another bronc ready to saddle up, because I know that women just don't dump perfectly good men unless they've already got another one lined up.

Son handled it as expected, he cried, he screamed, he trashed his room. He tried to take off in his car, but mom stood in front of him and wouldn't let him leave. Angry, heartbroken, mad at the world, upset teenager operating a 2000 pound vehicle is not a good combination.

My hope is that when she wants him back, and she will, of that I'm 110% certain, son tells her to take a hike. Wonder if he can get back the diamonds he's given her? I don't expect to get back the $200.00 camera, or the hundred dollar Coach purse... but hey, he should get his stuff back, she shouldn't be wearing diamonds my son bought for her while she's smooching some other kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment